I established Saichek Publicity in August 2013. Previously, I spearheaded online publicity campaigns and promotions for AuthorsOnTheWeb/The Book Report Network (2002-2013), and managed select freelance publicity projects on a part-time basis (1996-2013).
I have also worked at a library (1995-1996) and a used bookstore (1995-2000), and I interned in the publicity and editorial departments at Tor/Forge Books (2000).
My objective is to help authors and publishers connect with current fans and to find new readers. I strive to create campaigns that complement and extend a publisher’s in-house efforts and the author’s personal efforts. I love working with debut authors as well as established writers who are looking to expand their reach. I also promote theater projects.
What I do
* Online media strategy/outreach (including blogs, podcasts, social media channels, etc.)
* Print and broadcast media strategy/outreach
* Appearances (booking assistance/promotion)
* Newsletter strategy/content development
* Social media strategy/content development
* Advertising strategy
* General consulting
* Guest Speaker, Heart of Dixie Fiction Writers Group, virtual meeting, September 2020
* Panelist, Sarah Lawrence College’s Publish & Promote Your Book Conference, June 2017
* Panelist, Sarah Lawrence College’s Publish & Promote Your Book Conference, June 2016
* Guest Speaker, SUNY’s Global Center for Graduate and Executive Education, February 2013
* Company Representative (“Breakout” session), online marketing/publicity services panel presented to AAR members, January 2013
* Guest Speaker, SUNY’s Global Center for Graduate and Executive Education, January 2013
* Guest Speaker, SUNY’s Levin Institute for Graduate and Executive Education, December 2011
* Moderator, Meet the Publicist (Independent and Small Press session), Book Blogger Convention/BEA, May 2011